Friday, October 25, 2013

Modern Vintage Chic Office

The office opens up into the family room, so the color scheme of Vanilla Custard (Behr Paint), brown, yellow and blue in the family room was a natural choice when thinking of what colors to use in the office.  The office is currently home to two separate desks/workspaces for myself and my husband.  I've been debating condensing everything to one desk, but being that I'm a neat freak and he's a messy, I'm not sure how the marriage of our "desk stuff" would work.  However, eliminating one desk area would open the space up and allow for a seating area or more storage space. Oh decisions, decisions.  For now, here's what I have in mind.

Desk - I really love this vintage cream desk with a dark wood top.  I'm not sure how well this style of desk would work with in terms of housing my desk top computer and placement of the computer tower, but I'm willing to figure it out!

Desk Chair - Ideally I'd love to find a thrift store chair and recover in a pretty yellow or blue fabric.  I love the look and style of the chair shown here and it is the general look I'm going for.

Fabric Covered Cork Board - What better way to pretty up the office than with a fabric covered cork board?!  I'm not yet sure if I want to purchase a pre-made board or make my own.  

Wood Filing Cabinet - We currently have a dark wood filing cabinet similar to this in the room. I think it will easily transition to the new direction I hope to take the room in. I'll probably need at least one more in order to store our endless documents and papers.

Bookshelves - Love these bookshelves!  I'd love to copy this look and paint our current bookshelves white with a bright yellow backing.

Cuckoo Clock - I have recently become obsessed with the idea of having a cuckoo clock in our office.  I think it would be a fun addition to the space.

0 comments:

Post a Comment