Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Ahoy Matey! Pirate Inspired Boy's Room


Kura Bed - We recently purchased this junior bunk bed. The kiddo is small enough to take advantage of the space underneath which has become his in-room play area. The loft bed is a twin but a great compromise for the small space that is his room.

Yellow Dresser - Unfortunately this Hemnes Yellow Dresser is no longer available from Ikea, but I'm planning to paint the 6 drawer dresser in the master bedroom and move it to the kiddo's room once we get our new dresser. I'm also going to add a little character with cool drawer knobs, if possible find cool blue and white glass striped knobs.

Harbor Breeze Anchor Shaped Pull Chains - These will look great on the fan. I'm currently debating if I should paint the fan black, grey or leave it white.

Blue Shag Rug - The kiddo currently already has a blue shag area rug in his room which will stay.

Bedding - I found this blue striped comforter cover on Land of Nod and right now it's in the running. Finding striped bedding that I love is harder than I thought!


Henny Curtains - I was originally looking for striped curtains, but I think these will work even better because they will add a new pattern to the room.

Wood Anchor - A cool wood anchor from the craft store is the perfect wall decor.

Bookshelf - I'm hoping to find a bookshelf similar to this one to add to the kiddos room for the growing collection of books that need a home.

Artwork - While looking through photographs I've taken on vacations, I found these three that fit in with the pirate/nautical vibe. Instead of buying generic artwork, I am going to make sepia prints of the photos and put them in white frames to decorate the walls. What better to decorate the kiddo's room with than mama's photography!?

*Original Post 1-26-2011

0 comments:

Post a Comment