Friday, November 29, 2013

Old Hollywood Glam Inspired Master Bedroom

I'm attempting to bring a little Old Hollywood Glam to the master bedroom. The color scheme is grey, plum, black and white. The grey is Volcanic Ash (Olympic Paint) and is the wall and ceiling color in the room. It took me close to 3 years to decide on which shade of grey I wanted the bedroom to be. The color I chose is dark and lush and adds a masculine touch to what could become a very feminine room.

Iron Headboard - This Coronet Headboard is very similar in style to my current headboard which will remain in the room. I love the elegant style of the headboard.

Home Runched Comforter - Currently I have the Kissing Pleat Comforter in Aqua on my bed. However, I also plan to purchase this runched comforter in the same color as a "back-up." Both exude old-school Hollywood style.

Hemnes Mirrored Dresser - Every girl needs a mirrored dresser! It's the perfect place to stash bedtime clothing, makeup and hosiery.

Hemnes 8 Drawer Dresser - I plan to add this 8 drawer dresser to the room for extra clothing storage space.

Side Table - Although we currently have the Hemnes side tables in the bedroom, they are a little too small. I would like to add a pop of color to the room by up-cycling some thrifted small dressers (for extra storage), painting them a plum color and adding white knobs.

Waverly Damask Curtains - These curtains are currently at the top of my list to accent the windows in the room.


Silver Plush Chair - I actually saw a chair almost identical to this one at Ross recently. I'm sure that it's no longer there 2 weeks later, but I hope to find another like it soon. I love the elegant shape of the chair and the glam feel of the piece.

Crystal Table Lamp with Platinum Glow Shade - I looooooove these lamps. At $70 a piece, they might be a little pricey for my pocket, but I'm hoping they either go on clearance or I can find something very similiar.

Zebra Print Rug - I already have a similar rug in the room that I snagged at Home Goods for $30. I think it keeps with the old hollywood glam vibe while adding a pop of fun to the room.

Plush White Pillow - I bought a similar pillow recently from Ross for $7. It just needs the perfect chair to rest on!

*Original Post 12-15-2010

1 comments:

The Peach Chablis said...

Love this color combo and the decor choices!

Post a Comment